We are seeking students or recent graduates with a background in Fashion Design that are interested in learning more about sustainable practices in the fashion industry. They will be joining our team as an apprentice for 3-6 months to assist the head designers.
If interested, please send a cover letter, resume, and link/pdf to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org.
An Ideal Candidate will have the following background & skills:
- Interest in sustainable design
- Interest in building a company from the ground-up
- Currently pursuing a BFA in Fashion Design or recently graduated
- Knowledge of the Garment District
- Ability to research trends, concepts, and sustainable manufacturers
- Understanding of various social media (i.e. pinterest, polyvore, Facebook, etc)
- Proficiency in Illustrator flats and Photoshop
- Proficiency in Excel
Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Assisting the head designers with any custom work.
- Running errands to and from midtown
- Illustrator flats
- Archiving files digitally and in the office
- Researching concepts
- Assisting in the sourcing process
- Maintaining social media platforms